Fan Participation and Show Topics
FurCast being a live talk show means that having an abundance of good topics is very important. Ever since the very first episode, FurCast has remained heavily influenced by it’s fans and listeners. This is done through several different input systems, such as:
- fan emails to be read live on the show.
- subreddit content with links, questions, and suggestions.
- live phone calls during the post-show.
We get lots of fan emails, and each FurCast host reads every single email. Emails can range from having their own topics and questions, to being simple shoutouts and commentary.
- Upon emailing us, don’t expect us to answer your email anytime soon on the show. Sometimes we get hundreds of emails a week, other times almost none!
- If your email involves a time constraint, such as a question you have on what to do at a public event happening next weekend, don’t expect us to be able to answer the email by then. We’ll try. Can’t promise anything!
Overall, don’t be intimidated, email us! Send ‘em all down to: firstname.lastname@example.org. On each show, we’ll read through your emails so we can get your ideas, questions, and topics on the air too.
From links, to interviewee questions, to topic suggestions, the FurCast Official Subreddit is the place to be for fan submitted content that’s public and open for debate.
So hop on over to the FurCast Official Subreddit where you can have fun voting, commenting on and submitting content.
Live Phone Calls
During the show from time to time, we allow fans to call in and give us their viewpoint topics, or ask questions of their own.
Please follow these guidelines:
- There is usually a delay between the live audio feed and your method of calling, so when waiting for us to take your call, keep an ear out and aware on your phone or call and not on the live audio feed. That means, be ready to mute or turn down the volume on our broadcast when your call gets answered. Otherwise you’ll be hearing yourself 5 seconds later!
- We recommend having anything you want to say pre-prepared or pre-written, so you do not get nervous on air or forget anything that you wanted to say.
- Be quick and precise in what you say. We don’t have unlimited time, and if we’re spending too much time on you, we will have to hang up.
All phone numbers, skype contact information and more can be found on the Contact Us page.